Image used for representational purposes only.

Two guests were charred to death and three others were taken ill when a fire broke out in a hotel here, the police said today.Two persons staying in a room on the third floor of the hotel on Hilcart Road were killed last night when it caught fire following a short circuit, the police said.The victims had came from Kolkata and were on their way to Bhutan.Three persons have been admitted to a hospital, the police said.Two fire tenders brought the fire under control after two hours and other guests were shifted to nearby hotels, the police said.”An FIR was lodged against the hotel owner. The fire fighting equipment in the hotel was inadequate and they did not follow the fire fighting norms,” Fire officer S Toppo said.


Two charred to death in hotel in Siliguri